July 24, 2020
Your privacy is critically important to us.
Information You Provide to Us: Personal Data
We collect information you provide directly to us so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our website, content, or services. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you. We may collect:
For example, we collect information when you fill out a form, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, interact with a message board, request customer support, use our platform/services or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include:
1. Name and email address so we can deliver our newsletter to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing the information to us in our contact forms.
2. Billing information including full name, postal mail address and credit card information so that we can process payment to deliver our products or services to you under our contractual obligation. Such information will be shredded and shall not be retained following our business transaction.
3. Name and email address if you complete our contact form with a question. We may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question. We do not sell our email list nor provide names and addresses to other companies.
4. Career history and pay records if you purchase retirement coaching/reports. This information will be used only for computations and reports you have requested. It will not be disseminated or shared with any other parties/companies.
5. We may link to other websites and/or utilize third party platforms (e.g. Teachable, Zoom, Active Campaign, Logmein, or any other online platform within which you attend virtual training or meetings) in the course of normal business. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of any other individual, company or entity whose website or materials may be linked to our website or its content, and thus we cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntarily share with their website. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
Please note that the information listed above is provided voluntarily by you and with your consent for us to use, collect and process it in the course of our business to provide requested services / training to you. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at email@example.com
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our website, content, or services.
Other Information We May Collect: Anonymous Data Collection and Use
To maintain our Website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website by identifying which areas of the Website are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way.
Use of “Cookies”
We may use the standard “cookies” feature of major web browsers. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our Website other than cookies. You may choose to disable cookies through your own web browser’s settings. However, disabling this function may diminish your experience on our Website and some features may not work as intended.
What We Do With Information We Collect
We may contact you with information that you provide to us based on these lawful grounds for processing:
1. Consent. We may contact you if you give us your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you.
2. Contract. We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver goods or services you purchase from us.
3. Legitimate Interest. We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and / or create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider in order to contact you via email, our merchant accounts to process payments, and Google / social media accounts in order to run advertisements.
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members).
We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and / or services that you requested from us. We may include certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
You have the right to:
1. Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data we use.
2. Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
3. Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
4. Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
5. Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Data unlawfully.
6. Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hindrance.
7. Object to our use of your Personal Data.
8. Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will always be secure due to technology or security breaches. Should there be a data breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not knowingly collect any information from any person under 18 years of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years old or older.
Data Controller and Processors
We are the data controllers as we are collecting and using your Personal Data. We use trusted third parties as our data processors for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and email marketing. We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR- compliant.